Sunday, September 28, 2014

Burlington Applefest 2014, Glass at Ireland House

Hello and thank you to those who participated in this year's Applefest! I was completely unprepared for how amazing all the kids and their parents would be. I ran out of glass, for one. And by my calculations, you guys made a new glass keepsake every 3 minutes! That's crazy.

As such, there was literally not enough time left in the day to melt every wonderful keepsake (in fact, I'd have to run that little microwave for 57 hours straight to finish each piece individually). So, I really hate to break hearts, but there won't be any finished pieces posted on Monday. Sorry!

There's only one way to finish all your art pieces: I am going to take all 90 keepsakes, and put them into a big oven (called a kiln), where they'll all melt at the same time.

At (I'm guessing) 5 minutes each, it will take me 7.5 hours to arrange each glass keepsake, and the big oven could take 24 hours to heat up to 850C, and then to cool back down to 30C. I promise I will post the minute they're done.

If you'd like to have me alert you when your glass art is done, send an email to nicole.nasvytis@hotmail.com - I'd be more than happy to let you know.

Once again, I am sorry for the delay, but I am absolutely ecstatically happy to be delayed because of the wonderfully productive and creative day we had.

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment