Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Citrus / Fruit Screen Printing Test

Armed with new knowledge for how to screen print powder - which gave me the confidence I might have been missing to start a new project, I went ahead and made my own screens, then began a print test!


The above was three passes of powder, which clearly wasn't enough around the edges.





The above was two passes with powder, because I was a little worried that three would be too much. Silly me, but now I know!

A kiwi and apple, I think they would have been lovely, if not for the reduction quality of the black powder that was available. It sort of made them look like someone traced around all the edges with graphite. These shades of green look really different but that might just be the different crappy cameras.

I think my citrus pendants turned out perfectly! I even enjoy them despite the fact that they are so clearly off center hahaha.

This is my test for a 4" kiwi coaster, again,t he black sort of ruined the results, so I don't know how good the design actually is; if I need less powder; if I need a lower melting temperature.

Sun. Feb 17, 2013
Mercedes
1) 1 min ↑ 745°
2) 10 min @ 745°
3) 11 min ↓ 516°
4) 40 min @ 516°
5) 60 min  ↓ 390°
6) 1:10 ↓ 50°

No comments:

Post a Comment